Tuesday 25 June 2013

stockist! & a place to visit

hello there!

I have good news, oh yes! I have a new stockist :)

my tin of goodies on a beautiful dresser in the gift shop

Thanks to a stall at Threshfield School Summer Fair, my wares were spotted by the lovely Amy of Kilnsey Park who then asked if I fancied stocking my Ditsy delights in their gift shop. "Oh yes, I would!", thought I, but hopefully I was outwardly more controlled and professional than I was feeling inwardly. I mean, what a compliment...being approached by a potential stockist not only shows that they like your products but, that they like them enough to share with their customers. A fair compliment indeed, in my book.

view of the shop towards the entrance

So, up I ventured with my bag full of goodies and a very patient boy (we had to go straight from school on Friday without giving George prior warning). Whilst I chatted with Amy, George was lucky enough to wander the grounds, feed the fish and fall in love with some ducklings (who very nearly adopted George & he them).



Even when a shop/gallery owner declares an interest in your designs, there is still that "will they/won't they?" apprehension when you finally meet. I'm happy to say that they did and thanks to Amy being thoroughly lovely and oh so calm, the visit was an entirely pleasant one.

the fresh food counter..fish pie, smoked salmon to name but two delights

It just so happens that when George was born, we actually lived in Kilnsey, in a cottage backing on to the park and the trout lakes...it is such a beautiful area with the magnificent Kilnsey Crag dominating the scenery. I had forgotten how lovely it is up there and especially at the park - there have been a lot of changes (all good!) since I last visited and it is now on our "to do during the Summer hols" list! (for me, mainly because the cakes looked scrumptious and the cappuccino that I had was, indeed, delicious...more sampling required, I feel!

fresh food, ice cream, homemade cakes, fresh coffee & a tummy rumblingly good restaurant menu

The park itself is a working trout farm as well as offering other activities for visitors, such as:
fly fishing; fun fishing; adventure playground; nature trails; gift shop; restaurant; red squirrel conservation programme; and the rare and beautiful Lady's Slipper Orchid.

my Ditsy Bird Designs rainbow trout brooch exclusive to Kilnsey Park

Whilst I was there, the park was preparing for a Herbs & Potions weekend as part of National Herbal Medicine Week...I only wish I'd known in advance as I would have loved walking through the grounds, looking for herbs, and then making up herbal vinegars and oils! Their next event is The Mad Professor's Bug Weekend (6th & 7th July) which sounds like great fun for bug fanatics, and then it's their 35th birthday weekend (10th & 11th August) celebrating 35 years for this family run business.

So, if you should find yourself in Upper Wharfedale, do pay them a visit and perhaps have a look in the shop for the tin of Ditsy Bird goodies.



Sarah
x

1 comment: