Thursday 26 March 2015

A weekend in Lisbon - Tiles part 2

As promised, here is the follow up to part 1, a photo heavy post of the close ups of the amazing Portuguese tiles, or azulejo, we saw in Lisbon. Enjoy...


the fresh hit of green really lifts this design

so beautifully reminiscent of Royal Copenhagen china patterns

this pairing of border tiles and main pattern tiles, makes me very happy

a full run of the main pattern ones from above



it amazed me how many had been painted over...I found it really sad actually - seemed a little disrespectful of old traditions and workmanship




I love the tone of these

these are my favourites!


There were so many that I didn't photograph too - some really funky, contemporary ones - perhaps we'll have to plan a return trip some time in the future!

Sarah
x

No comments:

Post a Comment